Wednesday, August 10, 2011

4 Months




This post was waiting for a cute recent pic of Caroline. She's had a cold this week and then REALLY struggled after her immunizations, so she has not been in the mood for a photo shoot. But she's coming out of it... and we're only 5 days overdue for her 4 months (it was monday), so here ya go:
Stats:
ht: 24 3/4 in (75%)
wt: 14 lb 13 oz (80%)
head: 16 3/4 in (90%)
Caroline is still our lil angel, though she has actually digressed in her good sleep habits. She has begun waking up in the middle of the night for another feeding. All i can think is that she is legitimately hungry...this girl is either eating or thinking about eating, seriously! She also is more opinionated about when she is ready for sleep. If she falls asleep while eating and I 'gently' pull her away, she gets TICKED and lets everyone know it!

She has learned how to roll over from her back to her tummy...and sometimes back again, though she most often gets stuck. She hasn't mastered it yet, but she is getting really good. and luckily, she can be pretty content on her tummy for at least 5 minutes before she gets upset.

can't really tell in the pic, but her eyes are still blue... though they are a deep, darkish blue. They could still go brown. We'll just have to wait and see.

Caroline is VERY talkative, engaging us with bubbles, gurgles, coos, sing-song melodies, and the squeals that sometimes still become screams just for fun. She loves to wake up and blow raspberries first thing in the morning. She's still sleeping in the swing in our bedroom, so it is easy to wake up to such subtle noises. It is pretty cute and beats crying, so I'll take it. :)

she's not super interested in table food yet, so we're taking it slowly. She's had a nibble of banana and that's pretty much it. She's just not too keen on anything in her mouth besides Mama's milk. No binkies.

and, let me assure she is moving around a ton. Let's just say all those lovely fuzzy lines in these pics are evidence of her activity rather than my poor camera skills, shall we? :)

and just for comparison, here's a pic of Gwen at 4 months. They really don't look all that alike, do they?

6 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie! Looking forward to cuddles soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline has such beautiful features. It is so fun to see how different every baby is. For me, it speaks of their special natures and makes me wonder what they will chose to do with life! It is so exciting to think about.

    We aren't that far away from Brookline! Before we started looking, we thought that Brookline would be the place for us, too. Once we got there, we decided we wanted closer to the city. So do you think you might make it to Boston? If not, I might be in Columbus next week. Hopefully I'll see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, she's sweet! I can't wait for Eden to be more interactive. It's funny that Caroline sleeps in her swing--Eden won't sleep anywhere but her carseat. So much for that cradle...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elisa she is so beautiful! I remember holding Gwen in RS one day when she was a little tiny babe and just completely falling in love with every feature of her face. Even though you're right - they don't look very much alike, I still find myself gazing into those eyes and falling in love again! Seriously girl - you make some gorgeous babies! :) And I LOVE the inside top left picture of Caroline - it totally shows off her chubbiness! Love it! Miss you all like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your updates. I need to get on the ball and get some updates of my little girl. I'm a bit sad cuz I don't have a baby book for her so I'm not recording things as well I did for Caleb...and I'm afraid I'm going to forget it and just not remember the baby girl she is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness- are you kidding me? She is adorable!! Good work you guys!

    ReplyDelete