Monday, October 27, 2008

Poll: When Will I Go Into Labor?


37 weeks today. Wow. (This pic of our lil buckeye baby belly is actually 36 weeks and 5/7, but that's close enough, right? Can you see that she's dropped?) Okay, so here's the fun part where anybody's guess is game: when will I actually go into labor? If you believe the whole 'like mother like daughter' thing or that you can get a good feel for maternity trends by looking at Mom and sister stats, here ya go:

My mom was 2 weeks early with her first baby, my older sis. Then pretty much right on time with me, my bro, and my younger sis. My older sister was 2 weeks early with her first baby and right on time with her 2nd. Keep in mind that my mom and I have very similar body shapes and my maternity pictures are strikingly similar to hers when she was expecting. But, both my mom and my older sister are shorter and more 'petite' than I am. Especially my sis. She's teeny and thin, so we really don't look anything alike physically and I can't honestly anticipate that our bodies would respond all that similarly in labor patterns.

One final detail. I'm dilated to a 1 now. (yes!)

So, will I go into labor 2 weeks early during week 38 (which would be NEXT week-- and a test week for Eric. Not extremely convenient timing...), 1 week early during week 39, pretty much right around my due date on Nov 17th, 1 week late, or more than one week late (pushing towards a Thanksgiving baby! Please don't let this be the case!)? Cast your votes in the poll to your right! :)

14 comments:

  1. Wow, it's so close now! My neighbor was due yesterday but still no baby--poor thing has had a horrible time being pregnant lately and just bawled all through church. Anyway, I hope she has her baby today, and I hope you have yours soon too! Mine was 5 days early, so I don't know what it's like to go to or after your due date, but I think it would be hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing right around your due date, but with all that family history in the mix, you never know! Hopefully for Eric's sake, you WON'T go when your mom and sister did with their firsts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little one will come when she wants to come whether he has the time or not. All but one of my brothers were born on a Sunday. Maybe she will be born on a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully a little early! I had Weston about a week and a half early and it was great! Then Davin didn't come until on time. I was disappointed. :) Anyway, you just never know. Are you just getting so excited?!? I am excited to see pictures.
    PS-your belly looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to leave you my email. I will leave you my junk one just in case someone steals it from here, but i still check it and I would LOVE some recipes.
    waterchic83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping for an early arrival! By the way, I'm anxiously waiting for pictures of baby girl Allan's bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to guess right around the due date. I had Mckade on his due date. For your sanity, you might want to tell yourself a week late though(but be ready for anytime). Even if Mckade had been one day late, I think I would have been totally bummed(until he arrived of course). How did you measure during this pregnancy? I measured right on everytime, and I wonder if that was my indicator that he was going to be right on time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so fun to see that progress, but just a word of warning. I was dialated to a 3 and 90% effaced for 3+ weeks. Everyone is so different though, some show no signs until they go into labor. It's such a fun time. I am excited for you two (I guess three really).

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey you! thanks for coming and helping with the food drive tonight. you are a trooper! I hope Michael didn't scare you too bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Early. By about a day.

    Wow, I know malinovka.

    Are you at OSU? I can never remember - because if so, I have sort of family there, and may (still nothing definite) invite myself to the sort of family's place in Columbus, for Thanksgiving. If you're not in Columbus, scratch that. :)

    I won't be driving back through anytime soon. I think I'm in NC to stay for a bit, which is actually okay.

    And, do you have any favorite animals for ze bebe? I have a destressing habit of crocheting little stuffed things. The possibilities are fairly limitless.

    Good luck with the last little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Autumn was due Nov. 19th but ended up coming a month early (actually my water broke at 34 weeks) so i dont really know what a full term pregnancy is like. So i would guess....Nov. 19, because that is when Autumn was "supposed to" be born!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! That is really crazy! You look really familiar to me, too (I taught at the MTC with Brock). Did you teach Chinese? We are expecting any day now (my due date is Nov. 14th). So weird that we are both here with our husbands for med school. Tell me how you've been feeling and the latest with you. My email is: cojipoji@hotmail.com (in case you want to write something more pregnancy-private than a blog would allow). Anyway, we love it here. We have met some great people (in-fact, it looks like Erica is in one of your pictures). We are pretty bad at keeping up our blog, so the best would be to email us. Good to hear from you!

    Nicole (and Brock)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am hoping for your benefit that you are as EARlY AS POSSIBLE! The end is no fun!! And why don't you just borrow the flamingo next year! It will be perfect for her!! And FYI I bought it on ebay - there are so many crazy moms that buy expensive costumes and then end up selling them for cheap. The mom I bought the flamingo from had bought 3 costumes last Halloween and didn't end up using it so it still had tags on it! Kills me - why would anyone need 3 baby costumes?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, so it is officially 2 weeks before your due date! Are you in labor yet? Not that you would be answering this if you were...
    But, if you are...good luck! and enjoy every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete