Thursday, May 28, 2009

Beans and Bananas!

I guess green beans aren't her favorite... maybe some of you can relate? I don't know, I'm not really a picky eater at all. I certainly hope she doesn't end up with large aversions to food... I love to try new things and would be so sad if she only wanted mac and cheese! I am, however, getting ahead of myself. What I wanted to say is:

Gwen LOVES bananas! She's picky, mind you. She doesn't like them nearly as much mushed up and spoon fed as she does RAW and WRIGGLY (j/k), I mean, right out of the peel. Something about sticking her whole face in there just appeals to her... (I think she's going to be a Tomboy, like me.) She really goes to town!

7 comments:

  1. Gwen is such a cutie! I can't believe she is already old enough to be eating bananas...I have been following you blog since before she was born! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just started Anne on rice cereal this last weekend, and after seeing your post I can't wait for bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addie liked bananas that way too. She hated any kind of baby food -- she got table food almost immediately. Something about mushed up food -- I don't always find it so appealing either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bananas were the first food Rebecca really seemed to like, but she got over that really quickly. I'll have to try this method sometime!

    Gwen is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gwen is adorable! I'm so glad we got to see you and meet her while we were in town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry - I think ALL kids go through a stage where all they want is mac & cheese (or, in my son's case - just cheese!) I find it ironic that kids - that need to calories to grow and be strong NEVER eat, but then us as grown ups, who don't need the calories, have a hard time stopping eating!

    I feel sooo guilty that we haven't gotten together yet! Cami comes in for a weekend and sees us both, but we've lived close for a long time now and I've been too lazy to set something up! We've got to set up a lunch date or something SOON! (see? I'm still thinking about food! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww....look how cute!! She really looks like she's enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete