Monday, December 7, 2009

My Hubby is a Sweetie, if I may Brag for a Moment

2nd blog post in one week for bragging on my dear Eric. I guess you could say I'm very proud of my husband. I'm also very grateful for him. I know the Lord answers my prayers... and usually, it is through Eric.
This time I'm bragging because he planned and carried out a romantic dinner for our date night this past Saturday. Not an anniversary, not a holiday, not a birthday... just because. He kept all the ingredient shopping a surprise, secretively kept me out of the kitchen while he chopped and chopped and chopped, presented an appetizer of bruschetta while Gwen was still awake (since I was getting really hungry), and then sat me down to a candle-lit dinner after she was in bed.
On the menu: romaine, orange and olive salad with a special homemade orange vinaigrette. Then a bed of shiitake, oyster, and portabella mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and apple cider plus some thin sliced, browned, and then baked potatoes topped with Italian seasoned shrimp. The special sauce drizzled on top was a carmelized stock of vegetables and shrimp. To drink: pear sparkling cider. Everything was perfectly delicious!
Then we snuggled down for a chick flick with the Christmas tree twinkling in the background. It was a wonderful night! I felt so pampered and really appreciate how Eric sacrifices to make me feel special. He is AMAZING!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow. That is some serious gourmet cooking! When we do date night in it's usually take out. I'm way impressed! More than anything though just with the planning and prep it must have taken. Go Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that looks so good! I didn't know Eric could cook...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie!!! Kris and I usually get take out too for date night! Yours certainly looks better than any take out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweetheart! i hope you felt like a queen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found myself almost wishing I was married to Eric! Well, not really although I thought that was awesome. In fact I might even send Adam a link to this post. :) How sweet.

    ReplyDelete