Friday, March 9, 2012

Don't know what to call it, but I LOVE it!

Fall is to Indian Summer what
Spring is to Indian Winter?

What I mean is, if an unnaturally warm fall is an Indian Summer, does that make an unnaturally warm spring an Indian Winter?....hmmm, no I don't think so, actually. That would be an unnaturally cold late spring. So an early warm period in the spring I'm going to call a "Cowboy" Summer. (Cowboys and Indians, get it? ;)

Well anyway, whatever you call it, I am in love! When a 65 degree sunshiney day is sandwiched between 27 degrees with a bitter windchill and torrential downpour days, one really appreciates the blessing it is! What a joy it was yesterday to take my kiddos outside for a few hours to get some vitamin D!
Gwen really likes hanging on to things and swinging right now. Monkey.


and she isn't even scared of the tall slides!
Our ward Relief Society is so great about getting together for midweek activities and I love chatting with my friends while our kids play.
friends


And all that running around actually encouraged Gwen to take a nap, an EARLY one so it didn't interfere with bedtime! What a blessing bonus!

5 comments:

  1. Outside running time is an amazing blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment is completely unrelated to your post. But I just had to let you know that Elder Allen just got transferred to my ward. I just met him tonight. He and his companion came by to visit. Such a small world, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it was a glorious day!!! Gwen's hair is so long! She looks so grown up and beautiful. I'm just catching up on your blog and I am so excited to read your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWEsome. It's still really wet here, even when it's warm, so we're limited to walks and such when it's warm (but I still love it!).

    And ain't it funny that Elder Allen is in Robin's ward? We keep waiting for him to come here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glorious warm weather. Kids and moms crave it. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete